Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The next step

Sometimes I put things here so I won't lose them in the clutter of information that flows through everyday. This is from an email newsletter from Saul David Raye. Saul teaches yoga, meditation and thai massage (probably among other things). I wanted to remember this and sit with it awhile. I thought maybe others would like to as well.

Saul said, "I recently read somehwere a wonderful quote that really touched me. I have tried to relocate the source but have not been able to as of yet. It was something like this "sometimes the only next possible step is a leap of faith !" In my own life this seems to be all that is happening; whatever I know, whatever I have believed to be true is no longer working. When I make choices from my heart, from the inner wisdom and creativity that is in each of us at every moment, the results are amazing. The energy we set in motion when we are resonating at the frequency of our hearts is truly miraculous. Blessings along the path you walk...and to the leap of faith that you are being asked to make in your life right now !"

3 comments:

Jeanne Desy said...

I think the same idea is expressed in the Zen saying, "Leap and the net will appear." Writing this led me to look it up - the author is said to be John Burroughs, an early naturalist I didn't know of, and I could read part of one book on the library site, so have reserved it. It looks like a nice stroll through summer fields with another person who may never have heard of enlightenment, just had it.
Jeanne

dragonfly said...

I was moved by this quote in Saul's newsletter too. I blogged about it, which brought me to your blog. I'm glad it did. :)

Kit said...

Thanks! I've been catching up on your blog too.