Friday, December 19, 2008

Practice

It's been hard to get on my yoga mat the past few days. Seems like it's been one thing after another...meet the furnace repair guy...take the cat to the vet....hang around while furnace get's replaced...take the cat to the vet (again). So this evening, much later than I usually practice, I was finally able to do a little yoga. The house was warm again and quiet. I just stepped onto my mat and let it happen.


Leaning my hips against the wall for an easy forward fold.


Playing with the wall in half moon pose (ardhachandrasana).


Draping into the wall for bowing warrior (parsvotonasana)


Then on the floor for pigeon to half forward fold to a twist to a side bend on each side.


Then I settled into a mindfulness meditation.


I watched my mind reach back into the busyness of the week and then come back into the stillness and the quiet. Mind moving back and forth, watching.

No comments: