Sunday, October 3, 2010

Shade

I've been thinking about attention.   Shining the light of my awareness strongly helps me discern the "what's going on here?" in my practice.   But somewhere recently I heard someone use the word diffused in describing the attention in a yoga posture.  I was intrigued.   The image in my head was of light diffused through green leaves...dappled, cool, soft.  I've been using this diffused attention more often.  I like the feeling of shifting between the two.  I travel the body bit by bit, making little adjustments here and there.  I feel my way into my body as it wants to respond to this shape today.  And then I allow my attention to diffuse through the whole body all at once.  It brings ease to the shape but also to my mind.

1 comment:

Jeanne Desy said...

How lovely. I have used the concept of diffusing in regard to my eyes-down-and-open gaze when I sit zen. You are not "looking" or focusing. I like it very much to describe the entire posture.