Wednesday, October 22, 2008

On the road again...

I arrived in Santa Barbara yesterday afternoon. Beautiful...flying in over the blue, blue ocean just feeds my soul. It was a lovely sunny day. You can see the scared hillsides where the Gap Fire raged this past July.

They've laid down hydromulch to help mitigate the potential mudslides that usually follow a fire like that. The Chaparral landscape is prone to fires though. So just like midwesterners have tornado season, Californians have fire season.



I used my Mindfulness practice to sail through the flight out. Breathing deeply. Sending loving kindness out when those around me were getting caught up in the challenges of airline travel (screaming babies, crowded flights, you know the drill) enabling my own ease in the moment at the very least. All flights were early...so that's a good thing!

Yoga starts on Friday...for now...visiting friends and family and having a wonderful time.

(Missing my husband and cats though).

No comments: